Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- ABOUT THIS POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.network-freelance.co.uk (our "site"), whether as a guest or a registered user.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our Terms of Website Use .
Only persons aged over 16 years may use the interactive services on our site. By using such services you warrant to us that you are over the age of 16 years.
Our site is operated by Network Freelance Limited ("We" or "NFL"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09366266 and have our registered office at Meriden Hall, Main Road, Meriden, Coventry, CV7 7PT. We are a limited company.
- PROHIBITED USES
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
- knowingly to transmit any data, and/or to send and/or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, ad-ware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
3. INTERACTIVE SERVICES
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- message boards (including the Project Message Board);
- frequently asked questions;
- forums; and/or
(the "interactive services").
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used, if any. If you wish to complain about a comment posted on our site or you think that a comment has been posted that is in breach of this acceptable use policy please report it to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will then review this comment. Please note that reporting a comment does not necessarily mean the comment will be removed.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Our interactive services shall be used by those over the age of 16 years only.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
4. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site ("contributions") including reviews and questions submitted to us.
The following standards and requirements apply to your use of and contributions to our site.
Your contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Your contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person or obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark, or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person, including using your contributions to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; and
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
5. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- issuing a warning to you;
- taking legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- taking legal action against you; and/or
- disclosing such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not an exhaustive list, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.